Thursday, March 4, 2010

Magento Column 'position' in order clause is ambiguous

I dont know how many people get this error but it took me very long time to resolve this:

The one who know the answer will say its a task of 5 mins but who dont know it will be very very difficult to get rid of this problem, the only thing that you need to do is go to this page

magentoroot/app/code/core/Mage/Catalogue/Model/Layer.php


Search for "function getFilterableAttributes()"

comment the following code
"->setOrder('position', 'ASC') "

your problem is solved

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, you have no idea how long I've been searching for this solution! You get kudos. Thanks mate!!

Ravi said...

Your welcome Jeremiah :)

Dirk said...

Great, Ravi!!! To find this Blog saved my day! I am searching since a few hours. I also found that lines an hour ago, but I didn't thing about just commenting them... I was looking for corrupt tables my DB.
Thanks!

Ravi said...

Good to see this helps you :)

Post a Comment